Who We Treat and Our Services For Treating Our Clients
The Treatment Programs at CBT Pinellas were designed specifically for the treatment of the following populations:
- Families with children ages 14 and under.
- Family Members/Loved Ones of those suffering from disorders related to Emotion Dysregulation, such as Borderline Personality Disorder.
Clients seeking services from CBT Pinellas typically experience extreme emotional pain, while extensively and silently suffering from complex sets of problems described as “difficult to treat” and with unfortunate histories of treatment failure. CBT Pinellas specializes in the treatment of Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) and other disorders caused by problems related to “Emotion Vulnerability” and “Emotion Dysregulation”, which can lead to problems with emotional, cognitive, and behavioral dysregulation that can result in:
- Unrelenting depressive and anxious states.
- Non-suicidal self-injury or self-harm.
- Trauma-related problems.
- Interpersonal and Intrapersonal issues.
- Overall mood instability with a clouded and undefined “sense of self”.
- Body image problems.
- Eating disorders.
- Substance/alcohol abuse disorders.
- Bipolar disorders.
- Anger/aggression related problems.
- Trust building issues.
- Relationship and healthy attachment problems.
Although CBT Pinellas is well known for providing Pinellas County with the only Comprehensive DBT Program with fidelity to the Linehan Model of DBT, other client populations are commonly treated with positive outcomes such as:
- Sleep Disorders.
- Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD) in children and adults.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD and ADHD) in children and adults.
- Autism Spectrum Disorders.
For the effective treatment of our clients, here are Our Services: